The City of Brookings is accepting applications for the pre-established volunteer Park Ranger program.
The main responsibility of a Park Ranger is protecting and monitoring designated outdoor areas. Park Rangers patrol the grounds and ensure that pedestrians, hikers and other visitors are following the rules and do not disrupt the natural environment or fellow guests. Rangers may be responsible for giving guided tours or presentations of the park. They also provide guests with maps and areas of interest also inform them of areas that are off-limits. They might be called on to initiate conservation efforts.
KEY DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Perform regular patrols in designated parks and public open spaces throughout the City of Brookings. Report any problems like blocked trails and noting potential risks like overflowing drainage and streams
- Performs park building and restroom condition checks and reports any vandalism and or emergency cleaning duties required.
- Greet park visitors, explain the rules of the park.
- Upon request, prepare and submit summary reports regarding park incidents observed by Rangers.
- Distributes flyers, informational brochures, and press releases as needed to park visitors.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with co-rangers, and elected/appointed officials.
- Interacts positively with the general public.
NEWS MEDIA CONTACT INFO: For further information regarding this press release, please call Jay Trost 541-469-1138.